The Charleston chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier International (LDEI), a worldwide philanthropic society of professional women leaders in the fields of food, fine beverage and hospitality, presents FAMILY FARM FEST, taking place Sunday, October 7 on Johns Island. Hosted by Joseph Fields Farm from 1-6 p.m., the event will benefit Earth Heart Growers, an organization committed to creating a bridge between schools and the community with local farms, and the LDEI Charleston scholarship program.
Tickets available today at the event!
- Picnic Baskets for two that include charcuterie, chicken salad, pimento cheese, slaw, potato salad, pickles as well as a baguette, butter crackers and for dessert, cookies and brownies. Baskets are prepared by Charleston’s top LDEI chefs from Magnolias, Charleston Grill, Red Orchid, Obstinate Daughter, Salthouse Catering, Tristan Catering + Events and Dolce Bakery. Picnic baskets are $30 each and purchased in advance.
- Hamburgers, hotdogs, BBQ and sides that can be purchased on site
- Bake Sale, featuring delicious treats prepared by LDEI members
- Silent auction for local hotel packages, including passes for tours and attractions, welcome gift bag; art work; cookbooks and more
- Marketplace with vendors such as Charleston Protocol Y’all, Le Creuset, Olinda Olives & Olive Oil, Grey Ghost Bakery, Wildflour Bakery, Christophe Chocolates and Celia’s
- Beer, wine and cocktails provided by Low Tide Brewing, Firefly Distillery and Edmunds Oast Exchange
- Live Music
- Children’s entertainment including Earth Heart Growers activities, a jump castle, face painting and balloon artist
Cost is $10 per adult, $5 per child, children under three are free. Picnic baskets are $30 each. Tickets are available at the event. Tickets for drinks and children’s activities can be purchased on site. Parking is complimentary. Joseph Fields Farm is located at 3129 River Road, Johns Island, SC.
A portion of Les Dames Family Farm Fest event profits benefits Earth Heart Growers and provides scholarships to area women pursuing culinary and hospitality degrees or advanced education in the field. In the past two years, the LDEI Charleston Chapter awarded nearly $30,000 in scholarships.